Monday, July 4, 2011

Craft Room Redo

WOW!! What a weekend this has been!!!
After posting all that I wish, dream and want for my craft space, I decided it was time to make some of it reality!!!

Off to Home Depot we went....on the ride over, the first thing hubby says "no orange and no yellow"
WHAT!!!
did he read my posts on facebook or here?
Well, I wasn't giving up that easy lol!!

We picked the paint---finally---and home I go to start some prepping!!

I forgot to take a pic of the "true" before so this is the sort of before. the layout was pretty much what you see here with one exception---the table actually faced the wall. I turned it to see if I would like how it looked. The piles are what I moved out of the way so I could get ready for painting hehehe.
When I was standing back looking at this mess---i thought first "i have too much crap" and second "what have I started?" lol

I cleared the area and started painting---read for the color hehehehe
Citrus Punch---a combination of Orange and Yellow!! heheheheheheehe
This picture doesnt do enough justice for the color!!
Hours later and after two full coats it was time for a break!

Off to Goodwill, Dollar Tree, Big Lots, and the grocery store lol. I wanted to find a new lamp base and paint storage solution.



I found a simple lamp shade, a spice rack, sheer pink curtains, and a memo board.
Here is what I did to the spice rack:
After priming and painting, I hung it on the wall and organized my paints. This bad boy holds 66 bottles of 2 oz paint!!!

Time to put things back into place:

I ended up making a craft corner. I love it!! It is not the glamour fabulous that was in the inspiration rooms but considering I spent almost no money---it is super fabulous for me.

My computer desk is in perfect proximity to the craft area. I have a few more projects to do before it is completely finished but this is what I have done so far!!

Let's Break it Down:
Paint (citrus punch)---$26.22
Lamp base----$5.99
Lamp Shade----$2.99
Memo board----$1.99
Spice Rack----$3.99
Spray paint (watermelon)----$3.22
Primer----$free already had
Sheer Curtains---returned they were not right for my room lol
Total----$44.40!!!!

My budget is $150 bucks so I still have plenty to spend to make this space a little more functional. I am really loving this space. I still need to buy a curtain for the closet, a new trash can that is more stylish, need to redo the lamp base and get rid of that copper, and I am not liking what I did with the lamp shade so probably going to change that too. I am glad I tackled this space this weekend and I feel so much better working in this room!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a fabulous job! Inspiration rooms are great for ideas, but actually in the end, what we have is our very own! No one else's looks identical to our own designs. Love your new look!

    ReplyDelete