Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Laundry Room Redo / Makeover

One of the most neglected rooms in our house was the laundry room.
I HATED going in there!!!

The room was so cluttered and blah blah boring that I just AVOIDED it as much as possible.
 After searching the world wide web and seeing AMAZING makeovers, I decided it was time for me to do the same!

It was truly remarkable seeing what others have done to their laundry room.
I immediately grabbed my camera and snapped some shots of my darkened dungeon  laundry room:
Scary I know!!
I had to clean it up a little before taking the picture because it was more embarrassing than what you see above.

I figured anything I did to the room would be better than what I had but my budget was SMALL
$250 bucks!!

So much work love needed and not much money!

By far STORAGE was my biggest obstacle. Hubby and I marched on over to Home Depot and picked up this set of unfinished wall cabinet:
We I painted the cabinet Black.

For the walls I wanted a cheery blue color. I taped the baseboards grabbed the ladder and painted my heart away. After I finished painting the room (and it was dry), hubby hung the cabinet.
It was super easy to do after we watched a YouTube video!! If you are not very handy like us, then I highly recommend that you search YouTube for how to videos...such a GREAT resource!!

After a little TLC, here is what we ended up with!
Let's break it down:
Cabinet $89 (on sale, originally $112)
Black Paint $11
(they only had one choice, sad i know but i have lots leftover for other projects)
Wall Paint $15
Curtain set $20
Piggy Bank $10 (for all of the loose change!!)
Washboard $10
Cute Sock Pajama $5
Vinyl Decal FREE!! (i made it myself)
Trash Can $5
Glass Jars $6
TOTAL SPEND-------> $171

A WHOPPING $79 UNDER BUDGET!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my laundry room! It was the best $171 dollar investment I have made recently. I am so excited and ready to tackle the next project. Many of you may not need to add storage like we did. If you take out the cabinet, then we only SPENT $59 on the whole redo. We needed the cabinet to hide the madness behind it lol!!

This was definitely a DIY Done Dirt Cheap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment