Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Framed Art Redo!!


 You gotta LOVE Goodwill!! I go in there every weekend in search of FABULOUS finds!
I used to go alone or with the little daughter but lately hubby likes going with me! :)
On a recent trip HE we found this cutie!
It was $2.99 and great just as is but doesn't match a single thing in our house!
It had this paper backing on it from edge to edge.
 I got my 2nd favorite tool....the Exacto Knife...and got to work removing the paper.
 It came off really EASILY!

 The glass had a mind of its' own and decided that it was going to stay put, so, I listened to it for fear of breaking her.

I cut a piece of SUPER FABULOUS scrapbook paper  and glued it to the cardboard with a glue stick.
As you will soon learn if you continue reading my future blog postings,
I am ADDICTED to vinyl!
This redo wouldn't be complete without the "vinyl touch" so...
I cut out a super cool vinyl decal and attached it to the front of the glass!
I LOVE IT!
Let's break it down:
Framed picture...$2.99
Vinyl Decal...Free (i made it myself)
Scrapbook sheet...$.59
Total...$3.58
I use vinyl in so many of my projects! It is easy to work with and adds a nice finishing touch to anything you apply it to. I use a Cricut machine and SCAL software for cutting and creating my vinyl projects. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment