Saturday, January 28, 2012

We Met, We Married Subway sign

I have been working on bedroom decor signs for our master bedroom. I don't have a tutorial for you today---but---I had to share how this turned out. It looks fabulous!!

Subway art is quite the decor rage these days and I have to admit I am super addicted to creating it. I sell lots of different types of subway art in my Etsy shop and I make it as gifts as often as I can.

If you have a Cricut or Sihlouette machine you could easily cut the words out and line them up on the board. I used several different fonts in mine and kept the words and phrases specific to hubby and me.

I also made one for the Places we have lived

People always ask me "how did you do that?"
I use Microsoft Publisher A LOT! In fact, all of my design work is in Publisher.
Then I create a jpg image from the Publisher file, convert the image to a cut file and cut vinyl out using my plotter cutter.

Adhering vinyl is actually quite simple with transfer tape. Simply peel the paper backing from the back of the vinyl decal. Align the decal on the board, then press firmly with a straight edge. Peel off the transfer tape and viola--->finished sign.

I am working on our bedroom decor over the coming weeks so I hope to post the finished decor soon!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifuil....thanks for the explanation, I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete