Monday, September 12, 2011

Christmas Clay Earrings

OMG! Aren't these the cutest little gingerbread earrings!!!
I was strolling through all of the Christmas stuff at Hobby Lobby---yes Christmas stuff lol---and I stumbled into the mini tree ornament aisle.

There were soooooooooooo many cute ornaments but I am not a "mini tree" kind of person. I noticed that the clay ornaments had little eyelets at the top and I immediately knew what I could do with them--EARRINGS!!

I bought these:
My youngest daughter loves cute earrings and with this little set she can have 12 unique pairs that I am sure NOONE else will have. The tree ornaments were 50% off---score! I bought 2 identical sets--a must have if you are making pairs, but I guess you could make mismatch sets just the same.

Remove the package overlay and reserve the plastic covering to use as a tray. Cut all of the strings off of the ornaments:
Make sure the eyelet is screwed in snuggly and it should be turned so that the hole is facing you.

Use your tweezers to open up the loop on the fishhook
It was really hard to get these pictures---sorry---but here is what it should look like when it is opened up:

Now insert the ornament into the opened loop--make sure his body is facing the right direction. his front part of his body should be facing opposite the fishhook.

Now close the loop.
That's it!!! I am a complete novice when it comes to jewelry making but these were super simple!!!
It took me all of 15 minutes to finish all 12 sets.

The best part is that each pair only cost $.37 each!!!!

Yep!!

Let's break it down:
Mini-Tree Ornaments ----$2.99 for both sets
(I got mine when they were 50% off at Hobby Lobby so it was like buy one get one free!! Normal price was $2.99 each)
Fish Hook earring finds---$1.50
(also 50% off at Hobby Lobby, normal price is $2.99)
Total---$4.49
I got 12 sets---so $.37 a pair!!!

There are sooooo many cute sets. The important thing is to make sure that the ornament has the little eyelet at the top. Hobby Lobby has stuff on sale all of the time and I only buy stuff when it is on sale. I checked at Michael's and they didnt have any clay ornaments like Hobby Lobby. Check your local craft store and see what you can find!!
Linking up to:

3 comments:

  1. Hello there.. I'm following ya officially from made by you monday blog hop today..Lovely blog you have here.Can't wait to read more.. Hope you can stop by & visit me sometime / follow back.. TY So much.. Have a great week.Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com . Great creativity here. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! And so creative! I never would have thought about that, :)

    I'm a new follower from the FNF hop. Hope you can stop by www.mamasmusingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stuff! I wish you had a pinterest button!

    ReplyDelete